As people we are born with different traits, skills, talents, etc. which brings the saying we are all different in our own way but one of the many things we do have in common is the ability to be great and we can only unravel our greatness when WE GIVE OURSELVES PERMISSION.Stop Asking and start doing. I know you may think it’s easier said than done, definitely. It is, I still struggle with this prospect but i’d rather be pushing boundaries, achieving goals, experimenting with my skills than sitting around wondering what could have, should have or would have been. Ain’t nobody got time for that.
We as people are scared of feeling or being inadequate, of failing, of being laughed at, embarrassed and even afraid of success, so for those reasons we hide. We hide in our shadows cause that way we blend in. Why blend in, just so you can be envious of someone driving a Bentley, sleeping in 5 star hotels, buying their dream houses, having their own fashion shows, their own label, when YOU know the only difference between you and that person is the fact that they said YES and followed through, not cause they’re richer or better but simply because they said yes and followed through, they gave themselves permission to be what they want to be, yes mistakes may happen, they may have failed but what matters is not how many times you fall but how many times you can pick yourself and get back up.
Some inspirational words by Coach Felicia.T. Scott – Empowerment Speaker
1. Open Up: Closed hands can’t receive new blessings. We instinctively close up to protect what we want to keep. But we must remember that if we aren’t willing to lose something, we usually can’t gain what we deeply desire. The same action that keeps things in—locks things out. Keeping our emotional and spiritual freedom is pivotal to a joy filled life. We can only lose them when we allow the pain from negative experiences to “determine” how we live.
2. Get Out of Line: We can’t fly “playing it safe” and “being liked.” I don’t condone or encourage irresponsible behavior, or isolating ourselves from others. But there are times when “line dancing” or doing what everyone expects is actually hazardous to our spiritual and emotional health. I love line dancing like everyone else, but sometimes to really live…you have to get out of line! Dance to what is in your heart by following your unique dreams and passions! Anything less will paralyze you.
3. Move When Life Moves You: I believe that God gives us instincts to lead us to the path that He purposes for our lives. Sometimes we miss opportunities because we ignore our instincts. The right phone call at the right moment could change your life. We talk ourselves out of opportunities because we live as if life is only what we see. There is far more waiting for us. Practice following your instincts and watch what unfolds for you.
4. Do Your Work: This week, challenge yourself to open your heart by being transparent. Then, challenge yourself to get out of line by doing something unique and creative that you’ve been longing to do. Finally, listen to your instincts by responding quickly to your heart’s promptings.
5. Define Your Wealth: Affirm out loud: “I choose to dance my dance and be me. I don’t need permission to be myself!”